27 January 2009

Little Red Hen

 



For Christmas John and I got a wheat grinder. I am excited about it because it fits right onto my Kitchen aid to run electrically AND it has a hand crank. So, for the first time ever John and I ground our own wheat flour and made homemade wheat bread. I felt quite industrious, like the little red hen. Okay, so I didn't have to go pick my own wheat, and I had a lot of help from John and the kids. The grinder worked great and it was even pretty quite. I was a bit nervous about how the bread would turn out but it turned out great as well. The kids even asked to have some for a treat! :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama KK said...

You'll have to post your recipe, Laura. Looks delicious!--KK

Natalie said...

Way to be self sufficient! That is great.

Sara said...

I'd love to learn more about your attachment to your kitchen aid. email me please. I'm going to get a nutramill I think, but I wouldn't mind looking into the Kitchen Aid attachment first.
eskimo458@gmail.com