07 February 2009

a glutton for punishment


I am in the process of applying to several business schools. To keep everyone up to date with how that process is progressing, here is where we stand right now:

I am applying to 6 schools to begin the MBA program this fall - BYU and Thunderbird in the west, UT and Rice here in the great state of Texas, and Harvard and Cambridge to the east. For Mom's sake, there is a 1 in 3 chance we could stay in Houston since UT offers a weekend program here. I submitted the UT application on Monday, and am now writing the essays for the Harvard application. Next will be Cambridge, followed by Rice, Thunderbird, and BYU.
Most of the schools invite you for an interview if they like what they see in your test scores and on your application. Then they let you know if you've been accepted sometime after the interview. So far, I'm 1 for 1 - on Thursday UT sent me an invitation for an interview.
We probably won't know anything for sure until April or even May. Once we know what options we have to choose from, we'll start the decision making process. Until then, we'll be praying that the Lord guides us wherever we can best serve Him. Thank you all for your support and prayers on our behalf.

5 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

What about Wharton? When I was in undergrad it was the top MBA program and I loved all my Finance professors who came from there.

The list of schools you have sounds nice we are excited to hear the updates.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

good luck in the interview! we are excited to see what unfolds for y'all over these next few months! Keep us posted.

Yeffinerp said...

My vote is still for Thunderbird. I know you guys want to go to Cambridge JUST so I will have an excuse to come visit you in England, but I'll sacrifice my life-long dream of visiting England if it means I get to have you guys live in Arizona for a while. I know, I'm SOOOO generous.

(go Thunderbird!)

Matt said...

Go, John! Go!

Mama KK said...

Our prayers are with you, John... wherever you are supposed to go! Uncle Bill is a graduate of Thunderbird, so if you end up there, that will be for the William part of your name!!! Any of these schools will be a new adventure and a new experience. I think the architecture was still good for you...this MBA stuff will come pretty easy for my "great potential" son! Love, Mom