
Being pregnant with twins has been an eye opening experience for me. John and I have been very blessed in that we have had no complications in the previous pregnancies. I am sure that we have taken for granted all the many little miracles that take place leading up to the birth of any child. When I found out that I was carrying twins I immediately started reading any book I could get my hands on - a feeble attempt to feel some control over the situation. In reading these books I have become very grateful for the ease of my previous pregnancies as well as for how well things have gone so far with this one. We have felt the blessings of all your prayers and are very grateful for them.
This past week we got a call from the doctors office saying that my thyroid panel had come back abnormal and they would need to re-do the blood work. So I ran to the lab with the girls to have some blood drawn. After waiting 3 days the nurse called again and said that sure enough my thyroid count is off. Apparently I have hypothyroidism. I had no idea what this meant other than my thyroid is under active. Truthfully I still don't fully understand the condition. It seems to be fairly easy to treat. I have to take a prescription every day and have my blood drawn every 6 weeks to monitor the levels. At this point I am thinking about going to a specialist. There are a few risks involved with the condition and I would like the problem to be taken care of ASAP.
I am grateful for the opportunity this pregnancy has give me to more fully appreciate the miracle of life and every little miracle along the way that makes it possible!
1 month ago

2 comments:
Laura, you are in my prayers! I know everything will work out for you. I wish I could be there to help and to just hang out and talk. Please keep me posted :) I love you.
Wow, hope all is well. Blood drawn every 6 weeks? yuck, I tend to pass out when they draw my blood. Take care of yourself.
Post a Comment