We have officially made it through the first two weeks of school. Thank you all for checking on me to make sure that I was able to survive having Brian away all day. As most of you know, I was very hesitant to send Brian to kindergarten. It wasn't at all that I didn't think he was ready. In fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. It was more the fact that I was not ready to send my child out into the big scary world. I seriously doubted how well I had done in preparing him for this big step in life :) I had several nightmares about sending him during the weeks just prior to school starting. John lovingly let me know that I was a bit too worried and jokingly suggested that I call my good friend Kinsey who happens to be a therapist. I did call Kinsey. I was instantly reminded why she is such a great friend - she validated my worries (sorry, honey) and let me know that as long as I wasn't locking Brian in the house things were fine.
The Friday before school started we went to meet his teacher, Mrs. Carley. I felt much better about leaving him with a stranger ALL DAY LONG, when I found out that Mrs. Carley had also taught two of John's siblings. I have heard nothing but good things about her and her abilities as a teacher.
Brian was up and dressed for school by 6:30 on the first day. Here are a few pictures from the first day of school...
Brian all ready to go
In front of the school with his friend Caden
Brian and Mrs. Carley
1 month ago

2 comments:
I can not believe he is old enough for school now! I'm proud of you for letting him go!
I understand the worries! He looks excited though.
Post a Comment