Angie, one of my old roommates and best friends came to visit the second week of July. It had been two years since we last saw each other. We had a great time catching up and going on outings with the kids.
When Angie lived here she wanted to get up to Brenham to see the Blue bell factory but never had the chance. While she was here we took a quick day trip to the Blue Bell factory. The kids had a great time learning how ice cream is made. The best part... the ice cream they give you at the end of the tour. Mmmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmm...
The next day we hung out around the house and made yummy nutella cookies. (Thanks Natalie, for the recipe)
That night, I got a babysitter for the kids so Angie and I could go out for her birthday. Therese, another friend from our college days, meet us for pedicures and shopping.
Where was John during all this? He was taking advantage of the situation and went to have a Risk night with his friends from school.
I think it is safe to say that we all benefited from Angie's visit!! What a blessing good friends are
1 month ago

3 comments:
I miss you guys already!!! Somehow, once per year vacations just doesn't seem enough!
Yeah you are back! It was fun being all together last month. We need to get together again soon! Hope you had fun on your cruise.
we did blue bell last year and it IS a blast! Totally worth the trip. I am glad you had such a good visit with Angie and the whole family this last month. These great posts have definitely held me over as I wait ever so patiently for the whale pictures... :)
Post a Comment